Sunday, August 30, 2009

SOOC Saturday: Play Date

It's been terrifically hot this past week, but the kids are plenty active nonetheless. So this Saturday I was lucky enough to connect with another mom and her kids for an early morning play date at a local park.

When we arrived at 10, it was already over 80*
Sand box at the park on a hot summer morning

James did not mind, even though he heats up easily. You can't tell from these photos, but his cheeks are about as red as raspberry sorbet:
James in the sand box


Did I mention it was also humid? Unusually so for this area. Never mind that -- James still loved the sensation of sand on his limbs (and in his mouth --- yecccchhh!).
James, rubbing sand on his legs


We had popsickles and cracker treats, plus water galore. It was over 100* when we left for lunch, but it was totally worth it. Check this out:
James playing in sand with friends


James is with a group of friends, and they are all playing together! This is an answer to a hope of our hearts. And when we left, the kids all said good bye to each other ... and one friend said, "I love James!"

Dang, I am tearing up again. But in a good way!


The Slurping Life is inspired! Visit Melody and check out SOOC Saturday/Sunday entries past & present!

SOOC Saturday

  

7 comments:

Sande said...

Amazing how moms hearts sore with their childrens 'wins'.

Fallen, we are selfish yet we still pour everything we are into our babies.

Odd but wouldn't change it for anything.

Floortime Lite Mama said...

Gorgeous pictures and extra gorgeous James
That picture of them playing together is simply brilliant

robin said...

How cool that you have such a lovely park with places to play in the sand!!! My kids would be in heaven with one like that! Watching kiddos get along together playing is even better!

Lisa said...

Awww.....I'm tearing up also, how very sweet. Kids Rock!!

James is also very sweet, and I love the pic of him pouring the sand intently on his leg...lost in play. Adorable!

I love this post!

Anonymous said...

I love the images of James with friends. I completely "get" your tearing up over this.

Jewelz said...

I was a little too slow and this weekends mantra of 'better late than never' didn't quite work for me. I missed the SOOC Mr Linky

http://smashingcups.blogspot.com/2009/08/like-fish-out-of-water.html

Glad I didn't miss the opportunity to drop by your place though.
How fabulous you are able to 'capture' these moments of progress. Heat n' all :0)
I live in a the Pilbara in the North West of Western Australia....and your description of your hot humid day reminds me that it will not be long before our current brief respite from the incessant heat is almost over! [[[SIGHS]]] I can actually wear long sleeves for the moment :0) It never get really cold here!
Thanks for sharing
Cheers
Jewelz

danette said...

How fun, and how great that he made new friends! I was tearing up over that last part too :)