Thursday, July 16, 2009

Catching Up

We've hit the ground running this week with the Summer Camp phase of summer 2009. For the second year in a row, James will be attending preschool summer camps run by our city. Last year was an experiment for everyone. James had a little separation anxiety last year, but then settled in and had a great time. His language and verbal skills took a huge leap! So I was excited to try this again.

The first day James forgot to worry about saying good-bye to me. He saw a sand table! That was awesome. There was a slight issue of him trying to run off through the park during playground time, but yesterday I didn't hear that it was a problem. The camp leader said he was talking and participating along with the other kids.

I have achieved a level of nirvana! This is what we'd been hoping for and here he is doing it! I am so proud of him! I am so thankful for all the opportunities and help we've received along the way.

No comments: