Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hump Day Humour: Need Some Today

I had a wonderful night last night taking my daughter out with her friend to see Kung-Fu Panda last night. The movie was free, under the stars, and much better than I thought it would be. It was perfect for these two six year olds! But ... it ended late and this morning is also weekly garbage pick-up, which means a rushed morning on little sleep for me.

This morning bordered on ludicrous, and I felt I must share. I found this meme and I love it's theme, even if it's a bit outdated ... feel free to join along and share your Hump Day Humour stories!

The garbage truck & school bus arrived at the same time this morning. James ran out to greet the bus ... and the garbage truck scared him into a far corner of the garden and I had to get him out and then over to the bus. Meanwhile, the garbage truck was waiting in back of the school bus so it could move up and get our containers.

As I am taking James over to the bus, saying "it's okay, let's get on the bus," his 6 year-old sister comes flying out in her bare feet, carrying the phone: "Mommy, the phone is ringing!"

It would have been funnier if James had not been upset. He was not crying, but it was not his idea of a fun start to his day. Luckily, he loves riding the bus to school, so he still smiled and waved at me through the window. He definitely knows this is not part of his routine!

And the phone person did not leave a message.

I am recovering over coffee. Hot and strong. Mmmmmm!

What's your story?

No comments: