Friday, May 23, 2008

Another Parade

So last night was the tri-town famous, Future Farmers' Parade. Yeah! I sat with my daughter on a float, while my mom stayed with James to cheer us from the sidelines.

This parade wisely starts at 6pm. Our float was one of the last, so we got to the float just before 7, barely in time for me to swing us aboard.

My mom tells me that James loved the parade, waving to everyone and loving all the bubble blowers. I am taking her word for it, because my daughter needed an emergency bathroom break 2/3 of the way through the parade (yes, we'd done the potty break right before the parade). That was an exciting chase through the streets, in search of a toilet. My undying thanks to the household of strangers who saved our dignity in the nick of time! Consequently, we missed seeing my mom & James, & vice-versa. We did, however, catch back up to the float to finish out the last few minutes of the parade.

On the other hand, if there is ever a rodeo or Olympic event for jumping off & on parade floats w/ a 5-yo, I'll be a Contender! This is one of the times that I am so glad that one of the kids is still in diapers.

No comments: